1. Today is forecast to be sunny, with a high near 67, according to the National Weather Service, and tonight may be partly cloudy, with a low around 46.
2. There are lots of town meetings this week. On Monday the Town Center committee meets at 7 p.m.; on Tuesday the Nursing Department meets at 5:30; on Wednesday the Pension Board meets at 9 a.m., the Administration Committee meets at 5:30 and the Town Council meets at 7 p.m.; on Thursday, the Community Services Committee meets at 5 p.m. and the Zoning Commission meets at 7:30.
3. Bill Duesing, of Northeast Organic Farmers Association (CTNOFA), will speak about the benefits of eating locally grown organic foods at the Bill Library Wednesday at 7 p.m.
4. This the final week we’ll be running the Mother’s Day photo contest. We’re hoping to get all kinds of photos of moms with their children. The winner of the photo contest will get a gift certificate to a hair salon and the mom in the picture will probably feel on top of the world.
5. We’ve had some interesting blogs lately. There’s one submitted by Mark Kalinowski, a funeral home director who is willing to answer all your questions about the business. Another by Sharon Stegall who has a healthy flock of chickens and a couple teenagers who are have some great insights. Do you have something to say or want to share with Ledyard Patch users? Start a blog! Email Jessie.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions but signing up is super easy and just a couple clicks away.